This policy (together with any other documents referred to) sets out the basis on which we will process personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, as a result of your use of our website or services. It supplements and should be read in addition to other terms and conditions that you have agreed to in connection with your use of our website or our services. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
Information Collection And Use
We may collect and process the following personal data about you:
- Information that you provide to us.
- Details of your visits to our site and the resources that you access.
We may collect various types of information (described below) which we use in the following ways:
- To ensure that content from our website or services is presented in the most secure and effective manner for you and for the device you are using to access our website or services.
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us, and to communicate with you on the progress of providing that information, product or service.
Capture of a query / request
- Name, Email Address and Contact Telephone are collected and are used by the Elliott Brown Book Keeping team to respond to your query / request
Usage data, IP Addresses And Cookies
We do collect information about your electronic device, such as IP address, operating system, browser type and browser window size. We also use four cookies to store limited information on your device, none of which store personally identifiable data
- A session cookie (deleted when you leave) to pass parameters like "lines per page" between web pages.
- Another session cookie (deleted when you leave) to pick up the browser window width and height, so that we can adjust the web page to provide best fit to your browser and make our website as easy as possible to view.
- A permanent cookie, which contains an anonymous unique number (eg 12375) which we use as part of identifying Unique Visitors to this website.
- Another permanent cookie, which tracks whether that Unique Visitor has accepted or declined our cookies on their last visit to this website – so we don’t keep asking you the same question.
- We do analyse website performance using IP Address and Unique Visitor but that analysis includes your usage but nothing about you and is used purely to improve the quality of the website.
Elliott Brown Book Keeping does not address anyone under the age of 13. Please do not use the Elliott Brown Book Keeping website if you are below the age of 13 without first obtaining parental consent. In accordance with the ICO’s Age Appropriate Design Code we operate a high privacy service by default.
Across our services, personally identifiable information is not knowingly collected from children. If we become aware that a child has provided us with personally identifiable information, we take immediate steps to remove that information from our servers. If you are a parent or guardian and you are aware that your child has provided us with personally identifiable information, please contact us (email@example.com).
Transfer of Data
Your information may be transferred to, and maintained on, servers located outside your country, state, province or other governmental jurisdiction where the data protection laws may differ to those in your jurisdiction.
Website contact request data is retained for one month, after which it is destroyed.
Disclosure Of Information
We will, however, disclose information, as directed by the Court Order, if formally instructed to do so by a UK Court of Law.
Your Legal Rights
Under certain circumstances, you have rights under data protection laws in relation to your personal data, including (but not limited to):
- The right to be informed
- The right to access
- The right to correction
- The right to erasure
For further information in respect of your rights regarding your personal data, please see details from the Information Commissioner’s Office (https://ico.org.uk/your-data-matters/).
To exercise any of the rights set out above, please contact us directly. Please note we may require evidence of your identity in relation to your request.
You will not have to pay a fee to access your personal data (or to exercise any of the other rights). However, we may charge a reasonable fee if your request is clearly unfounded, repetitive or excessive. Alternatively, we may refuse to comply with your request in these circumstances.
We try to respond to all legitimate requests within one month. Should your request take longer than a month (for instance if your request is particularly complex or you have made a number of requests) we will notify you and keep you updated.
You have the right to make a complaint at any time to the Information Commissioner’s Office (https://ico.org.uk/). However, we would appreciate the opportunity to deal with your concerns directly before you approach the ICO so please contact us in the first instance.
Our website may, from time to time, contain links to other websites. If you follow a link to any of these web sites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that Elliott Brown Book Keeping does not accept any responsibility or liability for your use of such websites.